[comp.dcom.telecom] New Sprint Bills

ken@cup.portal.com (03/17/90)

I just received by monthly residential Sprint bill. They've done a
pretty impressive redesign. Consider the following:

  Page 1:  Summary Page.  Pretty much the same as before. Includes call
                          activity totals, taxes and return receipt.

  Page 2:  Fon Manager    Lists total calls, minutes and charges by
                          calling number or FON Card number.

                          Tax breakdown by government unit.

  Page 3:  Fon Manager    Lists total calls, minutes and charges by
                          intrastate, interstate and international.

                          Lists minute analysis percentage and total
                          by day, evening and night rates for both
                          domestic and international calls.

                          Lists the top five called cities, number of
                          calls, number of minutes, total charges.

  Page 4+:  Detail Page.  Gives the usual itemized detail list by
                          calling number.

This is slick. I realize that most companies get this type of report
(or should be getting this stuff) from their SDMR processor, but I've
never seen it on a residential bill before. Since my residential bills
rarely drop under $100, this is useful stuff.

Ken Jongsma
ken@cup.portal.com

rmadison@euler.berkeley.edu (Linc Madison) (03/21/90)

In article <5323@accuvax.nwu.edu> Ken Jongsma writes:

>I just received by monthly residential Sprint bill. They've done a
>pretty impressive redesign. Consider the following:

 ... page 2:  Fon Manager    .. .Tax breakdown by government unit.

Verrry useful -- I discovered that my municipal utility tax is being
illegally applied to *all* my calls, instead of only in-state.  Sprint
is investigating.

Linc Madison   =   rmadison@euler.berkeley.edu