[comp.dcom.telecom] System 85 Components

rlf@mtgzy.att.com (Ronald L Fletcher) (05/25/90)

In article <8085@accuvax.nwu.edu>, MJB8949@ritvax.bitnet (Nutsy Fagen) writes:

> Does anyone know were I can get 'summary' descriptions of all the
> major blocks of hardware needed to make an ATT System 85 work?

What you want is a "Definity Generic 2 and System 85 Description
Manual."  This is a reference manual which will give an overview of
each circuit pack and how all the pieces work together. I have not
personally read this document, but the same doc for System 75 was
quite enlightening. I dont believe this doc is shipped with the
customer docs when a system is purchased, but some customers do order
it, so check around the switch room and with the switch administrator.
If you cant find it and would like to purchase it, call the AT&T
documentation hotline at 1-800-432-6600 and ask for doc number
555104-201, it is $79.00.

> Thanks!
> Mike

You're welcome!