[comp.dcom.telecom] AT&T "Excellence"

toddi@nsr.bioeng.washington.edu> (05/23/90)

PMW1@psuvm.psu.edu (Peter Weiss) and drilex!carols@husc6.harvard.edu
(Carol Springs) discuss AT&T asking if the customer received
"excellent service".

My wife called AT&T yesterday and asked them to drop our "Reach Out
Washington" (which wasn't saving us any money :-() and got the same
"Did I give you excellent service?" question at the end of the call.

Yes, she did get good service, the rep didn't try to talk her out of
it or anything and understood her request.

My bet is on a new slogan for their TV commercials.

Todd Inch, System Manager, Global Technology, Mukilteo WA  (206) 742-9111
UUCP: {smart-host}!gtisqr!toddi    ARPA: gtisqr!toddi@beaver.cs.washington.edu

toddi@nsr.bioeng.washington.edu (Todd Inch) (05/29/90)

I wrote:

>My wife called AT&T yesterday and asked them to drop our "Reach Out
>Washington" (which wasn't saving us any money :-() and got the same
>"Did I give you excellent service?" question at the end of the call.

>Yes, she did get good service, the rep didn't try to talk her out of
>it or anything and understood her request.

Well, I just got the phone bill and they hadn't cancelled the plan.

When we called, they couldn't find a record of the cancellation request.

So much for "excellent service."  Although they didn't ask this time,
the rep did warn that "this call may be being monitored for excellent
service" at the beginning of the call.

Maybe we should have asked if we could change our response on that first
call.  :-)