[comp.dcom.telecom] A Request For Technical Info on Telecom

leugers@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Mary J. Leugers) (05/27/90)

I am in the process of organizing a reading list for an individualized
studies class entitled 'Intro to the Technology of Telecom' and, as I
am a novice myself, I was wondering if I could get some help from some
of you.

The class is aimed at graduate students in communications who have no
experience in the engineering realm.  It is expected that the class will
get an introduction to the physical realm of telecom along with the
present standards and the implications for policy.  The more info I
have, the better, so I would appreciate if you would take a minute to
pass along some readings you think might be useful.

Thanks,

           Center for Advanced Study in Telecommunications

             Mary Leugers                   1971 Neil Avenue
      Graduate Research Associate           210 Baker Systems
                                            Columbus, OH 43210-1271
               E-mail:                      Phone:  (614) 292-8444
   leugers@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu        Fax:    (614) 292-7852
                                            Home:   (614) 421-1552

Chip Rosenthal <chip@chinacat.unicom.com> (05/29/90)

leugers@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Mary J. Leugers) writes:

>The class is aimed at graduate students in communications who have no
>experience in the engineering realm.

A most readable book is the |Understanding Telephone Electronics| book
by Fike and Friend of the T.I. Learning Center.  It's available
through Radio Shack, SAMs, the Telecom Library, and gadzillions of
other places.  The Telecom Library's telno is 1-800-LIBRARY.  All
folks reading this group/list should have a copy of their catalog
(right next to their Hello Direct catalog :-).

Chip Rosenthal
chip@chinacat.Unicom.COM
Unicom Systems Development, 512-482-8260