[comp.dcom.telecom] ATT Special Promotion

Steve Elias <eli@pws.bull.com> (05/30/90)

Our Moderator wrote:

>AT&T is doing this as a special promotion to start off the three day
>holiday weekend of reduced calling rates.

>Obviously, you know how to route your long distance traffic tonight.
>For more specifics and verification, call AT&T Customer Service at
>1-800-222-0300.

Obviously what?  Geez, Patrick, you ought to know me by now.  Even if
I had read the Digest on time, I still would have routed my calls via
Sprint Plus for about the same price as the "ATT Special Oh Wow
Promotion" rate.  And my connection probably would have been just
*that much* clearer and louder, depending on destination.

Did you ever see the movie _This is Spinal Tap_ ??

Use US Sprint and turn your connection up to ELEVEN.

la063249@zach.fit.edu (Bill Huttig) (06/01/90)

In article <8495@accuvax.nwu.edu> eli@pws.bull.com writes:

 >Obviously what?  Geez, Patrick, you ought to know me by now.  Even if
 >I had read the Digest on time, I still would have routed my calls via
 >Sprint Plus for about the same price as the "ATT Special Oh Wow
 >Promotion" rate.  And my connection probably would have been just
 >*that much* clearer and louder, depending on destination.

I talked to a few AT&T customer service reps one hinted to a rate
reduction coming up soon.  Another one said that there would be more
"Specials" this summer but didnt know how much or when.  seems that
the LEX's have to reprogram their billing computers for each Special.

 >Use US Sprint and turn your connection up to ELEVEN.

    MCI Primetime is only 10.8333333 cents per minute $6.50 /hr and they
know how to bill.(Not as good as AT&T but better then US Sprint).