[comp.dcom.telecom] NN0-style NPAs and Order of Assignment

marc@ttc.uucp (Marc O'Krent) (06/01/90)

In the list of "new" NPA, I didn't see *310* which is the area code we
will have here in LA after 2/92.  Just FYI.

Marc O'Krent    The Telephone Connection
Internet: marc@ttc.info.com	MCIMail: mokrent
Voice Mail: +1 213 551 9620

rmadison@euler.berkeley.edu (Linc Madison) (06/03/90)

In article <8570@accuvax.nwu.edu> marc@ttc.info.com writes:

>In the list of "new" NPA, I didn't see *310* which is the area code we
>will have here in LA after 2/92.  Just FYI.

That's because 310 isn't an NNX area code: "N" represents digits 2-9,
so 310 is still an N1/0X, in standard jargon.  The list was only of
the NN0 codes they will assign.

It is still an interesting question, though, which N10 codes they're
going to use in what order after 510 here in Berkeley and 310 there in
L.A.  Will they use all eight of them before starting the NNX's, or
will they intermix them, like they did with 510/310 before 917/909?

Linc Madison  =  rmadison@euler.berkeley.edu