[comp.dcom.telecom] Menu-driven Answering Machines

andyr@inmos.com (Andy Rabagliati) (06/03/90)

Our Theatre group has a need for an answering machine that will :-

Have a short message introduction,

Then give either ticket information, or social activities, or 'whats
on' in town. Ideally this could be switched by the caller from the
phone.

What (cheap?) systems can be bought to do this ?

Thank you,   Andy Rabagliati.

David Ptasnik <davep@u.washington.edu> (06/06/90)

In article 6574 of comp.dcom.telecom, andyr@inmos.com (Andy
Rabagliati) writes:

>Our Theatre group has a need for an answering machine that will :-
>Have a short message introduction,
>Then give either ticket information, or social activities, or 'whats
>on' in town. Ideally this could be switched by the caller from the
>phone. What (cheap?) systems can be bought to do this ?

This sounds like a call for a standard voice mail/auto attd.  As you
are in Colorado, I suspect you can get the service on your existing
phone line for around $20.00/mo. from US West.  If you want to be
independent, there are a variety of PC boards from $500 - $2,000
readily available.  If you have a large phone system, a dedicated
system might be in order.  I personally like the Repartee system from
Active Voice.  Hope this helps.

davep@milton.u.wasington.edu