[comp.dcom.telecom] Has This Answering Machine Feature Disappeared?

howie@voodoo.uucp> (06/06/90)

What has become of the "Call Breakthrough" feature that was around for
a while?  I know of at least one General Electric answering machine
that had this feature, but I never see it adverstised with any of the
current models.

(BTW, the way it works is: in addition to a code for retrieving
messages from a remote location, another code will cause the machine
to emit fairly loud beeps, so that if anyone is home they will know to
pick up the phone.)

	       howie
   uw-beaver!ssc-vax!voodoo!howie

Jeffri H Frontz <jhf@cblpe.att.com> (06/13/90)

In article <8784@accuvax.nwu.edu> ssc-vax!UUCP!howie@voodoo.uucp
(howie) writes:

>(BTW, the way it works is: in addition to a code for retrieving
>messages from a remote location, another code will cause the machine
>to emit fairly loud beeps, so that if anyone is home they will know to
>pick up the phone.)

My AT&T 1330 answering machine has this feature, although I've never
really figured out a good use for it-- I'd rather listen to the caller
and then figure out whether or not to pick up the phone.

Jeff Frontz                                              Work:  +1 614 860 2797
AT&T-Bell Labs (CB 1C-356)                               Cornet:       353-2797
att!jeff.frontz                                             jeff.frontz@att.com