[comp.dcom.telecom] Reference Book for Telephones

davep@u.washington.edu (David Ptasnik) (07/10/90)

In 9506@accuvax.nwu.edu <sgtech!adnan@ics.isc.com> Adnan Yaqub
writes:

>Could some kind body please point me to a suitable reference which
>describes the signaling between the main office and my home phone.

One good source of general books on the field of telecommunications is
the Teleconnect Library.  Teleconnect is a relatively popular magazine
for people in the field.  It has its share of problems, but it does
make available a nice selection of books on the subject.  I don't
think that they acutally publish them.  I get the impression that they
just survey the literature, and market those that they like the most.
I do not believe that they would require that you subscirbe to the
magazine to get the catalog or order books.  Their toll free number is
1-800-LIBRARY.

davep@cac.wash.edu