[comp.dcom.telecom] Bell Canada

hwt@uunet.uu.net (Henry Troup) (07/10/90)

In article <9541@accuvax.nwu.edu> root@joymrmn.UUCP (Marcel D.
Mongeon) writes:

>... you read this whole posting).  The hotel is located in Ontario Canada
>which means we have only one long distance supplier - Bell Canada (A
>first cousin of AT&T).

Not quite - Bell Canada is a 100% owned subsidiary of BCE, Inc. BCE is
a public corporation, the most widely held in Canada. (Also the most
profitable, and the payer of the largest corporate taxes.)

AT&T divested Bell Canada in the 1960's - Northern Electric (now
Northern Telecom) was then a $20M company producing Canadian-only
hardware, frequently from Western Electric designs.  The rest is
history.

Henry Troup - BNR owns but does not share my opinions
 ..uunet!bnrgate!hwt%bwdlh490 HWT@BNR.CA 613-765-2337

root@joymrmn.UUCP (Marcel D. Mongeon) (07/12/90)

In article <9585@accuvax.nwu.edu> Henry Troup <bnrgate!bwdlh490.
bnr.ca!hwt@uunet.uu.net> writes:

>In article <9541@accuvax.nwu.edu> root@joymrmn.UUCP (Marcel D.
>Mongeon) writes:

>>which means we have only one long distance supplier - Bell Canada (A
>>first cousin of AT&T).

>Not quite - Bell Canada is a 100% owned subsidiary of BCE, Inc. BCE is

How about "Wicked Step Sister" ?