[comp.dcom.telecom] NPA-N-"T"

Carl Moore (VLD/VMB) <cmoore@brl.mil> (07/11/90)

Re: "405-2-T" appearing at end of intercept message received in 405
area:

For inter-LATA calls within U.S. and Canada which could not be
completed as dialed from my residence phone in Delaware, I have gotten
something like "215-1-T" at the end of the recording (I am a TRIFLE
unsure about the "1" just before the "T").  Although such call
originated in area 302, the call apparently gets switched via
southeastern Pa., which is in 215.

grayt@uunet.uu.net> (07/14/90)

In article <9653@accuvax.nwu.edu> cmoore@brl.mil (VLD/VMB) writes:

>Re: "405-2-T" appearing at end of intercept message received in 405
>area:

>For inter-LATA calls within U.S. and Canada which could not be
>completed as dialed from my residence phone in Delaware, I have gotten
>something like "215-1-T" at the end of the recording (I am a TRIFLE
>unsure about the "1" just before the "T").  Although such call
>originated in area 302, the call apparently gets switched via
>southeastern Pa., which is in 215.

The digits are identifying the office which has intercepted the call
by the area code and the succeding digit. The letter indicates the
type of recorded announcement reached,

405- 2 is (or at least was) a 4A in Oaklahoma City
215- 1 is an office in Wayne (PA?)

I don't know what announcement T is but
Announcement N is all circuits busy
             O is overload conditions
             P is failed call try again
             L is call cannot be completed as dialled
                please try again (is this T?)
             X flexible message for situations of emergency
               flood fire earth quake affecting routing etc.

Tom Gray - Mitel has no responsibility for this message