[comp.dcom.telecom] NY Tel and Greenwich, CT

ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org (David Dodell) (07/14/90)

 >From: John Cowan <cowan@marob.masa.com>

 >The other obvious candidate would be Connecticut.  I know a tiny
 >portion of CT (Greenwich/Byram) is served by New York Telephone (it's
 >part of the New York Metropolitan LATA) but I believe the whole rest
 >of the state is SNET.  Any Connecticutensians have more definite
 >information?

The rumor I heard years back from friends that lived in Greenwich, was
that the president and a few vice-presidents of NYTel lived in
Greenwich, and they wanted to be insured that they had NYTel service
vs. Southern New England Telephone that starts at the border.

David

          St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona
        uucp: {gatech, ames, rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!ddodell
    Bitnet: ATW1H @ ASUACAD                    FidoNet=> 1:114/15
    Internet: ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org       FAX: +1 (602) 451-1165