[comp.dcom.telecom] "Sprint Unusable for Data?" Bunk??

John Higdon <john@bovine.ati.com> (08/06/90)

On Aug 5 at 17:26, Steve Elias writes:

> In an earlier posting, John Higdon makes a reference to Sprint's
> lines being "unusable for datacomm in Silicon Valley".

> John, your statement is not true.  Be accurate if you feel
> like pointing out inadequacies of any particular LD service.

> Telebit is not the only modem in the world, you know!
> There are plenty of people in the Bay Area who use *other modems*,
> and they work fine over Sprint connections.

Then let the users of those other modems use Sprint if they so desire.
You apparently missed my whole point. The problem that I am having
with Sprint and Telebit modems is simply an example that points up
Sprint's inability to deal with difficulty on an individual customer
level, a deficiency that does not apparently exist with AT&T.

However, I will say this: Heaven help the users of Sprint who someday
find that they have a problem with this modem or that. The repair
people at that organization will have no interest in even learning the
nature of the problem.

Incidently, would you like some examples of people who have simply
given up on Sprint with other types of modems here in the Bay Area?
When you live here and can honestly say that Sprint works wonderfully
and is most responsive to difficulty, then you will have the right to
accuse me of inaccuracy. And please, anyone else who may read this,
spare me the stories of how great YOUR Sprint service is. I am simply
saying that mine stinks, and Sprint is unwilling to do anything about
it. Is it so unreasonable to expect them to simply make an attempt?

    john@bovine.ati.com     | San Jose, CA 95150 |       M o o !