[comp.dcom.telecom] ATTMAIL Billing Scheme is a Crock

John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com> (08/07/90)

John Higdon <john@bovine.ati.com> wrote:

> Given the potential for error
> in ANY billing system, how can you justify receiving a bill for "X
> units -- Total Y Dollars"? No detail; no way to track down errors.

Gee, just like the attmail (TM) service!

I got a bill for about $50 of attmail service last week, when all my
previous bills were under $10.  I have already called them up to
change the bills (they used to send about four pages of subtotals that
all said the same thing), but at that time they said there was no way
to ask for call detail billing, like, the time, the sending address,
the receiving address(es), and the charges!  And this is AT&T!

So I'll have to call them up manually and ask for call details for the
month.  I hope it costs them more to produce and mail than it would've
cost to program it into the automated billing software.