[comp.dcom.telecom] Building a Small Telephone Switch

af@sei.ucl.ac.be (Alain FONTAINE (Postmaster - NAD)) (08/01/90)

A few (well, quite a few) months ago, the possibility to build a small
telephone switch was discussed in the TELECOM Digest, and a special
interest list was even formed to discuss the matter further. Nothing
ever happened, since everybody was interested in the result, but
nobody was able, or willing, or able to find the time to, actually
design the thing. 8-) or 8-(...

This is just to inform you that the Dutch magazine Elektuur (which
also has German, French and English editions) has announced such a DIY
project for its September issue.  The switch will support eight
extensions, and be controlled by a small SBC.  Sorry I don't have any
further information.

AF

la063249@zach.fit.edu (Bill Huttig) (08/02/90)

In article <10308@accuvax.nwu.edu> af@sei.ucl.ac.be (Alain FONTAINE
(Postmaster - NAD)) writes:

>This is just to inform you that the Dutch magazine Elektuur (which
>also has German, French and English editions) has announced such a DIY

Is this system going to be compatible with the US phone system.  How
can I get the English eddition of the magazine?

Bill

[Moderator's Note: Do you think a well-stocked newstand, bookstore or
the library would be a good place to start looking?   PT]

Bill Huttig <la063249@cs.fit.edu> (08/04/90)

>[Moderator's Note: Do you think a well-stocked newstand, bookstore or
>the library would be a good place to start looking?   PT]

Not here in Melbourne...

Bill Huttig
la063249@zach.fit.edu

[Moderator's Note: But if the local library at least has a copy of the
guide to magazines (I forget the exact name of that directory) then
you would be able to find the publisher's address and write direct.  PT]

af@sei.ucl.ac.be (Alain FONTAINE (Postmaster - NAD)) (08/06/90)

On 2 Aug 90 02:05:31 GMT Bill said:

>Is this system going to be compatible with the US phone system.  How
>can I get the English edition of the magazine?

>[Moderator's Note: Do you think a well-stocked newstand, bookstore or
>the library would be a good place to start looking?   PT]

Sure. I would mention that the English edition is called 'Elektor'. Be
warned that there is some editorial freedom in each edition, and that,
while all articles usually do eventually appear in all editions, they
are not always in sync.

PS: I have just discovered that there are also Spanish, Portuguese and
Greek editions. I suppose Danish will follow for full EC coverage.

ge@phoibos.cs.kun.nl (Ge Weijers) (08/08/90)

af@sei.ucl.ac.be (Alain FONTAINE (Postmaster - NAD)) writes:

>PS: I have just discovered that there are also Spanish, Portuguese and
>Greek editions. I suppose Danish will follow for full EC coverage.

And in Dutch, of course (main office in the Netherlands).  I believe
there's also an Indian edition. And there's a German one.

Ge' Weijers (subscriber for 16 years, but it's my last)
Ge' Weijers                                    Internet/UUCP: ge@cs.kun.nl
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science,   (uunet.uu.net!cs.kun.nl!ge)
University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1         tel. +3180612483 (UTC+1,
6525 ED Nijmegen, the Netherlands               UTC+2 march/september