[comp.dcom.telecom] Maintainence Calls, Two-line Phones

roy@cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) (08/10/90)

vrdxhq!escom.com!al@uunet.uu.net (Al Donaldson) writes:

[Re: his PacTel 2-line phone has died]

> Questions:
>
> #3--If not, should I avoid 2-line phones in general when I buy
>     a replacement?

I wouldn't think so. Just get a more reliable two-line phone. My
Panasonic KX-T3145 has been giving me very good service for the last
year. The only problem I've had was dead batteries, but that was
really my fault.  I packed the phone, with batteries still installed,
and shipped it across the country. Even so, the dialer didn't lose
memory, although speakerphone operation became somewhat erratic.

The 3145 has more dialer memory than I have been able to fill,
speakerphone, hold and conferencing. The audio quality is very good.
(Much better, in fact, than my previous Uniden one-line feature phone)

OB Disclaimer: I am only a satisfied customer... no connection to
Panasonic. (but I'd buy another of their phones without compunction)

    Roy M. Silvernail
    now available at:
 cybrspc!roy@cs.umn.edu