[comp.dcom.telecom] "Sprint Unusable for Data?" Yes!!! Bunk!!

Steve Elias <eli@pws.bull.com> (08/06/90)

John Higdon wrote:

> Then let the users of those other modems use Sprint if they so desire.

Of course.  Let's hear it for the free market.

> You apparently missed my whole point.

Not at all, John.  Your point was that you got no help from Sprint
with regard to your Telebit's inability to talk over Sprint lines.  it
wasn't such a complicated point, you know!  It doesn't surprise me.

> Incidently, would you like some examples of people who have simply
> given up on Sprint with other types of modems here in the Bay Area?

Sure.  Why not?  Maybe I'll relay the info to my contact at Sprint.
I've long since stopped relaying your particular complaints about
Sprint service, however.

> When you live here and can honestly say that Sprint works
> wonderfully and is most responsive to difficulty, then you will
> have the right to accuse me of inaccuracy.

Oh, so I'm dishonest now, John?  Eat bits, pal.  I've used modems on
Sprint from the Bay area and have friends who do so.  I've also dialed
in to modems in the bay area using US Sprint.  So, tell me, do I have
the "right" to say so, yet?  Gack.

>  And please, anyone else who may read this, spare me
> the stories of how great YOUR Sprint service is.

You might consider sparing us your trials and tribulations, too, John.
They're old news and are well-designed to irritate.  It's no wonder
why the Sprint service reps have trouble dealing with you.  Is your
phone persona any more polite than your typist-persona, John?  Mine is!

> I am simply saying that mine stinks, and Sprint is unwilling to
> do anything about it. Is it so unreasonable to expect them to
> simply make an attempt?

No, it's not that unreasonable.  Have a nice and error free day.

eli

onymouse@ames.arc.nasa.gov> (08/12/90)

> I've used modems on
> Sprint from the Bay area and have friends who do so.  I've also dialed
                  ^^^^^^^^
Excuse me? Silicon Valley != "Bay area" - either Bay area.

jd
onymouse@netcom.UUCP