[comp.dcom.telecom] Crosstalk on Quad-Wire

roy@cs.umn.edu> (08/13/90)

roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) writes:

> 	I am willing to defer to hard evidence to the contrary, but I
> have trouble believing you could get any appreciable amount of
> crosstalk between two properly balanced circuits (even if not using
> twisted pairs) over the, say, 100 feet of wire you might find in a
> common residential installation.

In my Anchorage apartment, I ran ~75 feet of quad. One line was my
voice line and the other was for my BBS. While I never experienced any
interference with modem connections, I could _always_ hear a distant
squall in the background when I was on the voice line and the BBS was
in use. The other party rarely could hear it, however.

Roy M. Silvernail | roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu