[comp.dcom.telecom] Where to Obtain the USOC Book

A J Annala <annala%neuro.usc.edu@usc.edu> (08/23/90)

Anyone know where to get a book of standards (e.g. USOC - Universal
Service Order Code) for things like the order of colors to punch down
on '50 blocks from 50 pair, 100 pair, 200 pair, etc cables?

Thanks,

AJ

paul@uunet.uu.net (Paul S. Sawyer) (08/25/90)

In article <11241@accuvax.nwu.edu> annala%neuro.usc.edu@usc.edu (A J
Annala) writes:

>Anyone know where to get a book of standards (e.g. USOC - Universal
>Service Order Code) for things like the order of colors to punch down
>on '50 blocks from 50 pair, 100 pair, 200 pair, etc cables?

We had begged a USOC book from the operating company back when we had
Centrex and dozens of billing codes to figure out; It did not address
color codes or wiring standards, so you probably want a different
Telco manual, or probably something similar from the local Radio
Schlock.  The basic wiring color code or pair count was addressed in
this Digest some time back, so it may be available from the archives.

Paul S. Sawyer uunet!unh!unhtel!paul paul@unhtel.UUCP UNH
Telecommunications attmail!psawyer p_sawyer@UNHH.BITNET Durham, NH
03824-3523 VOX: +1 603 862 3262 FAX: +1 603 862 2030