[comp.dcom.telecom] POETS Sets

DJB@scri1.scri.fsu.edu (09/10/90)

I was just given a box of instruments which are labeled "POETS EK-18
TELEPHONE."  They do not work on a standard line.  Can anyone identify
the type of system tha these instruments were designed for?

Davie Brightbill

BRUCE@ccavax.camb.com (Barton F. Bruce) (09/13/90)

In article <12003@accuvax.nwu.edu>, DJB@scri1.scri.fsu.edu writes:

>I was just given a box of instruments which are labeled "POETS EK-18

Are made by Walker Telecommunications Corp, 200 Oser Ave, Hauppauge,
NY 11788, +1.516.435.1100. These are a currently produced and sold
product.  There are several KSUs that these probably work with.  Check
"Telecom Gear" mag for folks selling used/new stuff to determine the
used price, and to locate a used KSU if you want to use them.

Telecom Gear subscriptions: 1.800.322.5156

(no connections to any of above)

Tad.Cook%ssc.UUCP@hpubvwa.uucp (09/14/90)

In article <12003@accuvax.nwu.edu>, DJB@scri1.scri.fsu.edu writes:

> I was just given a box of instruments which are labeled "POETS EK-18
> TELEPHONE."  They do not work on a standard line.  Can anyone identify
> the type of system tha these instruments were designed for?

This is an electronic key system called the Walker Poet.  These are
four wire hybrid phones with analog on one pair and digital signalling
on the other.  The phones work only with the Walker Poet Key Service
Unit.

Tad Cook   Seattle, WA  Packet: KT7H @ N7HFZ.WA.USA.NA  Phone: 206/527-4089
MCI Mail: 3288544        Telex: 6503288544 MCI UW
USENET:...uw-beaver!sumax!amc-gw!ssc!tad   or,  tad@ssc.UUCP

"Donald E. Kimberlin" <0004133373@mcimail.com> (09/17/90)

Tad writes <in Digest Vol10,Iss648>:

>This is an electronic key system called the Walker Poet.

Didn't ANYBODY recognize the product marketing failure a "clever" name
like POETS put in the mind of every office worker, the expectation it
only worked on Friday: "P... On Everything; Tomorrow's Saturday!"  Oh,
how much I heard that and it burned into the buyers' minds.  Small
wonder Walker didn't get rich on that one!