[net.news.group] Vote for mod.os

mason@utcsri.UUCP (Dave Mason) (12/17/85)

I seem to have the approval of some of The-Powers-That-Be for the creation
of mod.os.  The backbone people seem to feel that the net load is lower with
mod groups than net groups, and at this point I am not sure I disagree.

I volunteered a while ago to moderate this, hoping someone has some software
to help in digesting.  I am still game for this, but it will have to wait
until I move to a new system (should be early January).

I recommend those who want a forum for discussion of operating systems topics
to followup to net.news.group with an affirmative vote.
--
Usenet:	{dalcs dciem garfield musocs qucis sask titan trigraph ubc-vision
 	 utzoo watmath allegra cornell decvax decwrl ihnp4 uw-beaver}

atoy@watnot.UUCP (Andy Toy) (12/17/85)

In article <1808@utcsri.UUCP> mason@utcsri.UUCP writes:
>I recommend those who want a forum for discussion of operating systems topics
>to followup to net.news.group with an affirmative vote.

Well, this is my followup and my vote is Affirmative.

--
---
Andy Toy

UUCP:	...!{utzoo|decvax|ihnp4|clyde|allegra|linus}!watmath!watnot!atoy
ARPA:	atoy%watnot%watmath%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
CSNET:	atoy%watnot%watmath@waterloo.CSNET
BITNET: atoy at watdcsu

andys@houxa.UUCP (A.SHERMAN) (12/18/85)

<Line-eater-food>
Yes for mod.os
			Andy Sherman @ AT&T Bell Laboratories
			Room 3B-437A
			Crawfords Corner Road
			Holmdel, NJ 07733
The views and opinions are mine, etc., etc.

geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) (12/21/85)

Here's a vote for mod.os.  I'm getting of reading RA81 queries in net.unix.
--

        Geoff Kuenning
        {hplabs,ihnp4}!trwrb!desint!geoff

kwan@smeagol.UUCP (Richard Kwan) (12/21/85)

In <1808@utcsri.UUCP> Dave Mason writes..

> I recommend those who want a forum for discussion of operating systems topics
> to followup to net.news.group with an affirmative vote.

I presume we are now casting votes for mod.os.  Okay.  I won't even ask
about whether this is a digested or non-digested group, or other
administrative issues.  I assume we can handle them as we get them.

Yes for mod.os.

swami@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU (12/23/85)

yes for mod.os.

swami@a.cs.uiuc.edu
{ihnp4, pur-ee, convex}!uiucdcs!swami

"i am so full of good intentions, i MUST be on the road to hell"

alw@mit-eddie.UUCP (Alan Wu) (12/31/85)

Hurrah!  Looking forward to activation of mod.os