[comp.dcom.telecom] Working Assets = Lousy Connections

jbaltz@cunixe.cc.columbia.edu (Jerry B. Altzman) (09/28/90)

In article <12701@accuvax.nwu.edu> John Higdon <john@bovine.ati.com>
writes:

>"That's why Working Assets is proud to offer the first long-distance
>phone service that works for peace, human rights, economic justice and
>a safer environment -- at no cost to you.

Hurumph. When I was subletting an apartment this summer, my landlady
switched to Working Assets from AT&T because she wanted a "socially
responsible" carrier.

In the three months I was in the apartment, I could not make one
decent LD phone call over their network. I have never had that problem
when I used just straight Sprint, however.

The funniest part was when she came and told us about the switch,
claiming she had changed from those "awful, irresponsible bandits" at
AT&T to the angels at WA (her words in quotes)

Sigh.

DISCLAIMER: This isn't Columbia. This is me. Columbia is them.

jerry b. altzman           212 854 8058
jbaltz@columbia.edu        jauus@cuvmb (bitnet)
NEVIS::jbaltz (HEPNET)     ...!rutgers!columbia!jbaltz (bang!)