[comp.dcom.telecom] Automatic Call Forwarding in Australia

david@uunet.uu.net (David E A Wilson) (09/30/90)

dan@sics.se (Dan Sahlin) writes:

>In Sweden the call forwarding facility is available at all modern
>(AXE) exchanges. They are rapidly replacing the old exchanges, so it
>seems that most cities now have this service.
>The service is available automatically for everybody, without asking
>the telephone company for anything.  There is no charge for invoking
>call forwarding.  The only thing you pay is the cost of the call from
>your telephone number at to the phone number that you are forwarding
>to.  The caller will not pay for this, but rather the subscriber who
>has call forwarding.

>What is the pricing for these services in other countries?  Are the
>same codes used for invoking the service?

Interesting. Here in Australia we also use AXE exchanges and can get
Easycall as an extra cost option. It costs A$4.25 per month
for the first 3 features and A$0.53 per month for each additional
feature. The features we can get are as follows:

			Enable		Disable		Use
Last Number Redial					0#
Call Diversion		*21nnnnnn#	#21#
Call Diversion (Busy)	*24nnnnnn#	#24#
Call Control		*33PCCC#	#33PCCC#
Call Waiting		*43#		#43#
Abbreviated Dialing	*51ADCnnnnnn#	#51ADC#		ADC#
Delayed Hotline		*53nnnnnn#	#53#
Call Diversion (No Ans)	*61nnnnnn#	#61#
Third Party Enq/Conf	Flash nnnnnn	Flash 1		Flash 2 swaps
							Flash 3 conferences
ADC = Abbreviated Dialling Code
PCCC = Personal Call Control Code - can block LD or international calls

Call diversion costs nothing to use (if you have paid for the feature)
but is limited to numbers in the same exchange. Abbreviated Dialling
costs more if you want more memories (8 included in base charge, 20
+17c/week up to 60 +40c/week).

Are any other codes/features in use in Sweden?

David Wilson	Dept Comp Sci, Uni of Wollongong	david@cs.uow.edu.au