[comp.dcom.telecom] CODOTery

jack@swlabs.uucp (10/01/90)

In article <12625@accuvax.nwu.edu> Tom Perrine <tep@tots.logicon.com>
writes:

>I have run into many COCOTS that are missing local-call cost and LD
>carrier info here in the San Diego area, and I would like to leave an
>appropriate sign behind, to protect the TELECOM-impaired :-)

The CODOT at the campground in Lansing Michigan indicated that the
money was to be deposited after the call was completed.  It gave the
local call cost as $.25 in the written Spanish directions but verbally
gave the cost as $.20 in English.

I told a Cuban friend that it was the $.05 Hispanic surcharge.  :-)

Jack Bonn, KC1UH, <> Software Labs, Ltd, Box 451, Easton CT  06612
uunet!swlabs!jack (UUCP)  jack@kc1uh  (TCP/IP)  kc1uh@wb1cqo   (AX.25)