[comp.dcom.telecom] Mental Harrassment

HAMER524@ruby.vcu.edu (Robert M. Hamer) (10/03/90)

control the telephone behavior of a patient, the Moderator wrote:

>[Moderator's Note: I would use a little guerrilla warfare to teach the
>hospital staff exactly what 'cruel and unusual punishment' is all ...

I would like to add that perhaps the telephone number of the mental
hospital could be posted in the Digest, and we could all call the
mental hospital.  Sound familiar?

[Moderator's Note: I'd say let's hold off on that for awhile. If the
original correspondent writes again saying the problem is continuing,
then it might be worth consideration. Although the official response
from the hospital was that they could do nothing without violating the
patient's rights, chances are they did lock him up or otherwise
politely convince him to can the Shinola, lest there be a big stink
by a prosecutor somewhere.  PAT]