[comp.dcom.telecom] Question About Ring Current

larry@uunet.uu.net> (09/30/90)

I have a question regarding ring current generation....

Is there a gizmo on the market that will generate ring current for an
electronic key system? In this application, I have line current
working already, but I need to send ring.

Any ideas???

Email replies to: uunet!swatty!larry

Thanks,

Larry Krone

julian@bongo.uucp (Julian Macassey) (10/03/90)

In article <12850@accuvax.nwu.edu>, swatty!larry@uunet.uu.net (Larry)
writes:

> I have a question regarding ring current generation....

> Is there a gizmo on the market that will generate ring current for an
> electronic key system? In this application, I have line current
> working already, but I need to send ring.

> Any ideas???

I have lots of ideas, but it is not clear what you are trying to do:

1. Synthesise telco ring current to feed into a KSU for testing?
2. Design a key system and devise a way to signal ringing to stations?
3. You have some electronic key sets and you would like to press them
into use with a homebrew KSU and need to signal to them.

Most electronic KSUs do not send ring current in the 90V 20 Hz sense
to the station. Many send a digital signal that signifies ringing. So
if you have some electronic sets, the brnad and model is important if
you want an answer about the signalling method.

And now back to Sprint vs MCI against AT&T.

Julian Macassey, n6are  julian@bongo.info.com  ucla-an!denwa!bongo!julian
N6ARE@K6IYK (Packet Radio) n6are.ampr.org [44.16.0.81] voice (213) 653-4495