[comp.dcom.telecom] Music On Hold/"Hawk On Hold"

rich@pro-exchange.cts.com (Rich Sims) (10/07/90)

I recently had occasion to call a company with a voice menu
arrangement and it was interesting to note that callers were given the
choice of remaining on a silent (except for occasional break-ins with
a recorded announcement) line or choosing music on hold.

An eminently civilised solution, in my opinion. (I chose silence!)

I won't even comment on what I think of the level of complexity some
outfits have managed to build into their voice menu systems, though!  :-)