[comp.dcom.telecom] Credit Card Codes

zippy@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Patrick Tufts) (10/06/90)

>[Moderator's Note: Mother (NOT Clay's mother!) has always hated
>{Ramparts Magazine} with a passion since back in the middle sixties
>when the magazine announced they would print AT&T's credit card
>check-digit formula in their next issue.

Technological American Party (TAP), and its predecessor Youth
Information Party Line (YIPL) did publish the credit card codes,
several years running.

BTW - does anyone know what became of TAP?

ropg@ooc.uva.nl (Rop Gonggrijp) (10/09/90)

zippy@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Patrick Tufts) writes:

>Technological American Party (TAP), and its predecessor Youth
>Information Party Line (YIPL) did publish the credit card codes,
>several years running.

>BTW - does anyone know what became of TAP?

TAP in the old form does not exist anymore. The last person
responsible for its publication was Cheshire Catalyst (Richard
Cheshire). Many people paid for his food while they thought they would
still get issues. There have been a couple of attempts at making a
'new tap', but none of them captured the spirit of the old (I think at
least). The current TAP comes out of Kentucky (P.O. Box 20264,
Louisville, KY 40220 to be precise).

Rop Gonggrijp (ropg@ooc.uva.nl)
is also editor of  Hack-Tic (hack/phreak mag.)
Postbus 22953    (in DUTCH)   1100 DL  AMSTERDAM
Any opinions in this posting are wasted on you   | tel: +31 20 6001480