[net.music] Todays Cutting Edge

kumpf@daemen.UUCP (Chumley J. Walrus) (09/17/85)

*** IF THIS LINE WASN'T INCLUDED IN YOUR MESSAGE WHAT FUN WOULD POSTING ***
                         *** NEWS BE ?? ***

    OK people of net land, I have a question for you. Who do you feel is on the
 cutting edge of todays rock. In the past, it has been Pink Floyd, The Stones,
 Led Zeppelin,etc.... Who is it today. Could it be Madonna? If not, then who
 is it? You tell me. Mail me and tell me who you feel is on the cutting
 edge of todays rock. I will post a list of the top 10 groups/singers who
 you feel are on top.

                                        Chumley J.

Address:                  15 Liberty Terrace
Town,State,Zip Code:      Cheektowaga,New York,14215
Phone:                    (716) 836-0203
UUCP:                     sunybcs!daemen!kumpf

simpson@lll-crg.UUCP (Rea Simpson) (09/20/85)

In article <1185@daemen.UUCP> kumpf@daemen.UUCP (Chumley J. Walrus) writes:

>    OK people of net land, I have a question for you. Who do you feel is on the
> cutting edge of todays rock. In the past, it has been Pink Floyd, The Stones,
> Led Zeppelin,etc.... Who is it today. Could it be Madonna? If not, then who

The Grateful Dead, of course.  They have been for 20 years now!
____

" Let there be songs to fill the air ... "

____
				Rea Simpson
				Lawrence Livermore Labs L-306
				P.O. Box 808
				Livermore, CA  94550
				(415) 423-0910

{dual, gymble, sun, mordor}!lll-crg!simpson
simpson@lll-crg.ARPA

sunny@l5.uucp (Ms. Sunny Kirsten) (09/23/85)

In my humble opinion, the leading edge of today's Rock is...
(may I have the envelope, please?)
...aha!  the only group to have it's own newsgroup...
The Grateful Dead

				Sunny
--
{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4}!sun!l5!sunny (Copyright 1985 by Ms. Sunny Kirsten)