[comp.dcom.telecom] Looking For Help With AT&T 801c ACU

Thomas Lapp <thomas%mvac23.uucp@udel.edu> (10/18/90)

I have an AT&T 801c ACU which I have connected to an IBM 37x5 FEP
running bisync protocol. I have an application which sends a dial
string to the ACU over an RS-366 line.  I would like to be able to put
a "pause" in the dial string, but do not know what this ACU uses for a
"pause one second" command.  The 801c manual is less than helpful.

Does anyone know or work with this device?  Does anyone know of RS-366
defines a pause character like the "," which is a Hayes standard for
async modems using the Hayes command set?

Thanks,

tom

internet     : mvac23!thomas@udel.edu  or  thomas%mvac23@udel.edu (home)
             : 4398613@mcimail.com (work)
uucp         : {ucbvax,mcvax,psuvax1,uunet}!udel!mvac23!thomas
Location     : Newark, DE, USA

cowan@marob.masa.com (John Cowan) (10/23/90)

In article <13757@accuvax.nwu.edu> thomas%mvac23.uucp@udel.edu (Thomas
Lapp) writes:

>I have an AT&T 801c ACU which I have connected to an IBM 37x5 FEP
>running bisync protocol.
>Does anyone know or work with this device?  Does anyone know of RS-366
>defines a pause character like the "," which is a Hayes standard for
>async modems using the Hayes command set?

As I remember (and this was long ago), 801s dial each digit as
received.  Therefore, pausing is up to you -- you pause by not sending
the next digit for a while.

cowan@marob.masa.com			(aka ...!hombre!marob!cowan)