[comp.dcom.telecom] Amplified Handsets

BRUCE@ccavax.camb.com (Barton F. Bruce) (10/27/90)

In article <13941@accuvax.nwu.edu>, nol2105%dsacg2.dsac.dla.mil@
dsac.dla.mil (Robert E. Zabloudil) writes:

> would have cost, if they were even obtainable.  As a side note, she
> had to give up a promotion with her employer because they could not
> get a good volume-control phone to work with their el-cheapo system.

If you are still looking, AT&T has a special 800 number for all sorts
of 'special' hardware for folks with special needs.

Also, Walker, a long time maker of amplified handsets, was bought up
by Pacific Plantronics quite awile ago, and, even if a Walker regular
shaped handset could not work with the 'el-cheapo' system, I bet a
Plantronics operator type headset WILL. The have a FAT listing of what
to order to work with almost ANY handset jack equipped phone, and you
could get a headset that is amplified.

BTW, I think there IS an FCC rule about handset ear pieces HAVING to
be hearing aid compatible. Some sort of hearing aid like device would
then function with any compliant handset.