[comp.dcom.telecom] HELP - INTERNET Access in Canada Needed

stg@ihlpl.att.com (Scott T Grant) (11/01/90)

	 I have a friend in Nova Scotia, Canada (Halifax), who is in
desperate need of an account to use INTERNET mail (USENET wouldn't
hurt, either :-). Is there anyone out there who knows of *any* system,
of *any* kind in, or around, Halifax, that has direct INTERNET mail
access? It doesn't matter whether it is a public access UNIX system,
BITNET, etc. If not, is there perhaps, then, some kind System
Administrator out there who could provide her with an account for a
few months? *Any* help would be sincerely appreciated, including any
alternatives anyone might have. Please respond via E-MAIL, I don't
want to waste any bandwith with this.

Thanks in advance,

Raven

Disclaimer: The views expressed above are my own and no one else's.

FLINTON@eagle.wesleyan.edu (Fred E.J. Linton) (11/04/90)

In <14223@accuvax.nwu.edu> stg@ihlpl.att.com (Scott T Grant) writes:

> ... who knows of *any* system, of *any* kind in, or around, Halifax,
> that has direct INTERNET mail access?

	Dalhousie University's dalcs is a UUCP/Internet site there;
Mt. Allison University's MTA is a bitnet site near there.  Both
probably prefer to limit access to students and faculty, but it can't
hurt to ask.

	As to commercial systems, Canada Telecom's Envoy-100 service
was one of the first X.400 services to link with AT&T Mail; so one
might hope for internet mail access via attmail!internet once signed
up with envoy (known to attmail users as mhs!envoy ).

	Logged on to attmail, a DIR MHS!ENVOY should still yield
contact information -- did once, at any rate.  Hope some of this
helps.

Fred   <flinton@eagle.Wesleyan.EDU>  <fejlinton@{attmail,mcimail}.com>