[comp.dcom.telecom] Misspelled City Name

Art.Hau@emdisle.fidonet.org (Art Hau) (11/05/90)

Date: Fri, 02 Nov 90 23:56 PST
From: Andy Jacobson <IZZYAS1@oac.ucla.edu>
Subject: Re: Area 908 Now in a Directory

The new GTE directories that just came out in the western part of 213
area code make no mention whatsoever of the impending split that will
put all those directories in the 310 area code starting Nov. 2,1991.
Nor do they mention the 510 area code that starts in the East Bay area
of 415 also in California on Sept. 2, 1991 ... (Nor do they mention
the new 903 area east of Dallas that starts this Sunday for that
matter).  But then what do I expect from GTE (read: Generic Telephone
Equivalent)?  Pac*Bell in their October '90 directories has a whole
page, and boxes, arrows and bold lettering all over the place to warn
us. I kind of remember IBT had made, and still does make quite a big
deal about the advent of 708 in the Chicago area. Maybe GTE expects
Pac*Bell to do all the PR for them out here.

     A. Jacobson

Art.Hau@emdisle.fidonet.org (Art Hau) (11/05/90)

For many years, I have been frustrated in seeing a city's name
misspelled on my phone bill.  Is there an easy way to contact someone
to get this changed?

The city in question is San German, PR [(809)-892-XXXX].  My phone
bill has it spelled as San Germain!  (Notice the extra 'i'.)

    Art Hau                 |   art@coyote.UUCP
    4231 S. Fremont Avenue  |   art.hau@emdisle.fidonet.org
    Tucson, AZ  85714       |   noao!coyote!art

Art Hau - via FidoNet node 1:300/14
UUCP: ...!noao!coyote!emdisle!Art.Hau
INTERNET: Art.Hau@emdisle.FIDONET.ORG