[comp.dcom.telecom] Searching For a Battery

pssc@cdp.uucp (11/02/90)

I am looking for a type of battery (D cell, 1.5 volts) I've not seen
in a long time.  It is an Everready but is only one-half the height
of a standard D cell.  Would anyone know if these are still
manufactured and perhaps supply an address where they can be bought?

I've tried calling Union Carbide and the response has been "we never
made one."  It is, of course, sitting on my desk.  But, sadly, long
dead.

Thanks.

Bert Cowlan. pssc on EcoNet.

[Moderator's Note: No offense to Union Carbide, an otherwise fine
company, but don't you just love it when a representative of a firm
absolutely denies what you already know? Then when you tell them what
*you know*, instead of seeking counsel from a more experienced or
informed employee they keep right on denying it.  PAT]

BRUCE@ccavax.camb.com (Barton F. Bruce) (11/10/90)

In article <14268@accuvax.nwu.edu>, pssc@cdp.uucp writes:

> I am looking for a type of battery (D cell, 1.5 volts) I've not seen
> in a long time.  It is an Everready but is only one-half the height
> of a standard D cell.  Would anyone know if these are still

You maybe should ask the manufacturer of the product it goes in for a
current recommendation.

You haven't given enough info to really pin down what you have, but
maybe this will help.

An EVEREADY # E94 (USASI Designation - L80) is 1 11/32" diameter (same as
a "D"), but is 1 13/64 overall length.

> I've tried calling Union Carbide and the response has been "we never
> made one."  It is, of course, sitting on my desk.  But, sadly, long
> dead.

Ask for EVEREADY's "Battery Applications - Engineering Data" handbook.