[comp.dcom.telecom] More On MCI Mail Rate Increase

john@mojave.ati.com (John Higdon) (11/05/90)

ccplumb@spurge.uwaterloo.ca (Colin Plumb) writes:

> Wouldn't billg@microsoft.uucp or <examine Apple's naming
> convention>@apple.com work just as well?

> (P.S. mail to billg@microsoft, at least, hits a mail filter first,
> which passes the Turing test.  I believe it's traditionally called a
> "secretary.")

In my experience in dealing with both companies, I would expect that
you would get through to John Scully long before you would ever expect
to reach Bill Gates. Any company (Microsoft) that would subject
customers to a 900 number to reach technical support is way down on
the food chain, IMHO.

I wrote a letter to Microsoft telling them what I thought of a
particular product (and them for having a 900 number) and six weeks
later received a phone call from someone who, in essence, told me that
all the problems were causes by (in order), my hardware, my other
software, my incompetence. This person left a call back number and an
email "name" to facilitate a return call. When I called back, I was
informed that they were aware of no such person.

Microsoft is a company that could probably have all of its phones
disconnected and not suffer a reduction in communication capabiltiy.

John Higdon <john@mojave.ati.com> (hiding out in the desert)

forrette@cory.berkeley.edu (Steve Forrette) (11/11/90)

In article <14334@accuvax.nwu.edu> John Higdon writes:

>Microsoft is a company that could probably have all of its phones
>disconnected and not suffer a reduction in communication capabiltiy.

John, you may be interested to know that Microsoft's LEC is GTE!