[comp.dcom.telecom] RBOC Special Services

jr@inset.com (Jim R Oldroyd) (11/14/90)

Recently, Moderator (PAT) wrote:

> [Moderator's Note: I'm *still* trying to convince repair service
> attendants and Business Office people at IBT that I have Call
> Screening (*60) on my line. It works fine, usually, but there are a
> couple bugs that need attention. But they still insist that I don't
> have it on my line. One person today even offered to have it removed

I've seen a few messages recently suggesting that there are
interesting services (*60, *69, *72, I think) which I do not havem but
which I would like.  My RBOC (New England Telephone, on 617-227) knows
nothing of these.  Does anyone have a list of them, and are there any
secret words one needs to know in order to convince them to provide
you with the service?

If anyone has a list, with dialing codes, service name, and short
description, that would be great.  Oh, yes, and the magic words too!

Jim

[Moderator's Note: There are no magic words or secret codes. Either
your phone switch is equipped with CLASS or it is not. If it is, and
has been for awhile, then all the reps seem to know about it. If it is
very new, or in beta test (as it is here apparently, now I am told),
then there will be a lot of confusion among reps as to what is and
what is not available. Now that mine is installed and my contacts at
IBT are aware of it, they call *me* a couple times a week to see how
it is working. The codes are: *60 = invoke call screening; *80 = suspend
call screening; *66 = Repeat Dialing; *69 = Auto callback to the last
call you received.  PAT]