[comp.dcom.telecom] Computer Clock Synchronization Solution

bend@eng.sun.com (ben dubin) (11/20/90)

Recently someone was asking about programs to set your computer clock
to the US Naval Observatory clock in Washington DC. I purchased a
program that did such. The vendor provided complete source code so I
was able to use the program on both my IBM PC and SUN workstation. The
vendor (Full Source Software) can be reached at (415) 855-7070 and I
think their E-mail address is fss@btr.com They also have a couple
other Telecom-related software programs that I did not purchase.  And,
their prices are unbeatable: they offer over 35 programs for just $99.
It really was a great deal and would highly recommend them.

If you have questions or comments, please send to me directly and if
there is interest I will post a summary to the net.

Ben Dubin                 bend@Sun.COM
Sun Microsystems, Inc.    ...!sun!bend
Mountain View, CA

mb@sparrms.ists.ca (Mike Bell) (11/22/90)

In <14819@accuvax.nwu.edu> bend@eng.sun.com (ben dubin) writes:

>Recently someone was asking about programs to set your computer clock
>to the US Naval Observatory clock in Washington DC. I purchased a

Just to note that comp.protocols.time.ntp,alt.sources recently (6 Nov
90) had a posting of a clock synchronisation program by turner@ksr.com
for Sun OS 4.0.3.

I have a much rehacked version for Sun OS 4.1 which I can post
(elsewhere) or mail if there is sufficient interest.