[comp.dcom.telecom] Last Laugh! What is the Area Code For Outer Space?

johnp@hpgrla.gr.hp.com (John Parsons) (11/20/90)

> Perhaps it would be much simpler for all concerned if the telcos were
> simply to switch to 8-digit numbers for all of Southern California.
> Of course, it could then be given a two-digit "country code" :-).
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Given that this is the home of Disneyland, Hollywood, etc., perhaps
"planet code" would be more appropriate! ;-)

John Parsons

murray@sun13.scri.fsu.edu (John Murray) (11/28/90)

In article <14848@accuvax.nwu.edu> johnp@hpgrla.gr.hp.com (John
Parsons) writes:

#> Perhaps it would be much simpler for all concerned if the telcos were
#> simply to switch to 8-digit numbers for all of Southern California.
#> Of course, it could then be given a two-digit "country code" :-).

#Given that this is the home of Disneyland, Hollywood, etc., perhaps
#"planet code" would be more appropriate! ;-)

Hey! Then I would be perfectly correct the next time I say "I'm really
not from this planet..!"  :-)

Disclaimer: Any opinions above (or below) have nothing to do with reality.

John R. Murray
murray@vsjrm.scri.fsu.edu
Supercomputer Research Inst.