[comp.dcom.telecom] Using 10732 To Route AT&T Calls

bill@daysinns.UUCP (Bill Crane) (11/30/90)

BRUCE@ccavax.camb.com (Barton F. Bruce) writes:

> I have a situation where a customer is an ATT SDN user (all calls
> default to 10732 rather than 10288), and 10xxx routing is definitely

> [Moderator's Note:  Could we please have a little more information
> about the use of '10732' for routing of calls?  Thanks.   PAT]

'10732' is the PIC that AT&T has defined for their SDN customers.
Using 10732 will allow the caller to complete the call at the (lower)
SDN rates.  It's my understanding that the number from where the call
originates must have authorization to use this PIC or else the call
will not go through (this prevents non SDN subscribers from completing
a call on the SDN network).

Bill Crane                    ...!gatech!daysinns!bill
Days Inns of America Inc      bill%daysinns@gatech.edu
2751 Buford Hwy NE            Atlanta GA 30324

[Moderator's Note: I'm not locked out or restricted from using it. I
just now placed a couple test calls: 10732-1-202-653-1800, 10732-0,
and 10732-1-700-555-4141. The first two completed just fine, and on
the second one the AT&T operator had my number come up on the tube
when she answered me. The last one resulted in a message, "the number
you dialed cannot be reached with the carrier access code you have
chosen."  I wonder if when the bill comes I'll get the additional
reduction in price along with the sizeable discounts I get already as
an ROA 24-Hour Plan / ROW Plan user?  PAT]