[comp.dcom.telecom] What Number am I?

archer@stlvm6.iinus1.ibm.com (Gary D. Archer) (11/30/90)

In the 408 ac calling 760-xxxx results in an automatic voice readback
of the number you're calling from.  It goes pretty quickly and you
must listen carefully.  It also disconnects right after the seven
digit number.  I don't know if this is available dialing from a GTE
area or from outside the 408 area.  PS ... you don't have to dial more
than 760- and let it time out. It will read your number, disconnect
and then return dial tone.

Gary

IZZYAS1@oac.ucla.edu (Andy Jacobson) (12/03/90)

"Gary D. Archer" <archer@stlvm6.iinus1.ibm.com> writes:

>In the 408 ac calling 760-xxxx results in an automatic voice readback
>of the number you're calling from.  It goes pretty quickly and you

This also works as far as I can tell from many places (but not
everywhere) in 415 as well.

Andy Jacobson<izzyas1@oac.ucla.edu>