[comp.dcom.telecom] California SXS Touchtone Refund

ehopper@ehpcb.wlk.com (Ed Hopper) (12/04/90)

I spent a week recently in the San Jose area.  I noticed an ad by
PAC*BELL in one of the local papers (the Chronicle or the much-loved
San Jose Mercury News :-)) offering refunds to customers of SXS
offices who paid for Touch Tone(tm) during a particular period.

What is the history of this matter?  Why should SXS subscribers
receive a refund and ESS or XB subscribers be denied?

Ed Hopper

Ed Hopper's BBS 713-997-7575 - Houston - Free Access to AT&T Employees
USENET - ILink - Smartnet     PC Board - Markmail Offline Reader System

john@bovine.ati.com (John Higdon) (12/06/90)

Ed Hopper <ehopper@ehpcb.wlk.com> writes:

> What is the history of this matter?  Why should SXS subscribers
> receive a refund and ESS or XB subscribers be denied?

Maybe because there haven't been any SXS offices in the metro area for
years and Pac*Bell can look charitable without actually putting out.  :-)

Seriously, I can't believe I missed this one. Unfortunately my copies
of both the Comical and the Murky News go to the Recycler each week
(not the classified ad newspaper, but the environmentally-correct
garbage man). Did the ad give any exchanges? Were there any other
pertinent details?

When was the ad printed? I'm dying to check this out.

    john@bovine.ati.com     | San Jose, CA 95150 |       M o o !