[comp.dcom.telecom] Wroclaw Cardphone System

KLUB@maristb.bitnet (Richard Budd) (12/10/90)

DPFAY@VAX1.TCD.IE (Deryck Fay) writes:

>there seems to be three systems in use:...

>* a magnetic card system used in Italy.  I think the Mercury phones
>in the U.K. also use a magnetic system

I believe the cardphones in Wroclaw are also using the same system.  I
recall seeing a magnetic strip on the back of the cards that were to
be used with the Wroclaw telephones.  Because it resembled the back of
my VISA credit card, I assumed they were credit cards.  Now having
read Wolf and Deryck's messages, I can understand they probably were
pre-paid cards using a magnetic system.

Richard Budd   KLUB@MARISTB.BITNET   Marist College   Poughkeepsie, NY 12601