[comp.dcom.telecom] Telecom*USA

reb@uunet.uu.net (Phydeaux) (01/25/91)

In article <16302@accuvax.nwu.edu> Bill Huttig <wah@zach.fit.edu>
writes:

>Well, I am still having billing problem with my 800 account. They
>finally admited that I was right and that the 1+ was billing at
>Telecom*USA rates.  That was about one week ago. It is now three weeks

>[Moderator's Note: Most of the Telecom*USA customers I know are hoping
>that MCI leaves them alone and lets them do their own thing as they
>have been in the past. I hope that is not too much to ask.    PAT]

I just called Telecom*USA and was told to call MCI if I wanted to
inquire about service, so it would seem that MCI is *not* going to
just leave them alone.  The person I spoke with called it a "merger"
but it sounds like they were just swallowed whole and are in the
process of being digested ... Last time I called MCI to ask about
their "personal 800" service I had the feeling I was going to be
slammed, and they didn't have any info they could send me on it
anyway.  Are MCI's services the same as Telecom*USA's were and what
exactly did Telecom offer?

reb

*-=#= Phydeaux =#=-*      reb@ingres.com     reb%ingres.com@lll-winken.llnl.GOV
ICBM:  41.55N 87.40W      h:558 W.Wellington #3R Chicago, IL 60057 312-549-8365

[Moderator's Note: Their services were similar (as are all OCC's), but
I always thought Telecom*USA did things more efficiently, and that
their charges were less than MCI's.  When I call customer service, I
still talk to *them* -- not MCI -- but that is probably because I am
already their customer.  PAT]

Steve_M_Kile@uunet.uu.net (01/28/91)

Pat:

I called Telecom*USA on Friday night, Jan. 25th and after a long
conversation with the nice lady (and her supervisor) they agreed to
sign me up for the Telecom*USA card and an 800 number at the
$2.75/month rate.  They asked many questions about my phone use and
credit and then said I should be hooked up in two or three weeks.  We
will see.

Steve

steve_m_kile@cup.portal.com

[Moderator's Note: Please follow up on this and let us know the
results. I think the Telecom*USA card and 800 number setup is one of
the better, less complicated, least expensive deals around. I think it
took me two weeks to first get installed on their system but since
that point their customer service has done maintainence on my account
within hours, or a day at most.  PAT]