[comp.dcom.telecom] NEC P300 Programming

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (01/26/91)

If anyone knows the programming access codes etc. for the NEC P300
handheld cell phone, I would really appreciate it if you would pass
them along to me via e-mail or here on the net.

Many Thanks!!!

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu    MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

crw@icf.hrb.com (Craig R. Watkins) (01/30/91)

In article <16456@accuvax.nwu.edu>, bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob
Sherman) writes:

> If anyone knows the programming access codes etc. for the NEC P300
> handheld cell phone, I would really appreciate it if you would pass
> them along to me via e-mail or here on the net.

I have a catalog from Cellular Products Distributors (my only
relationship is that I have their catalog -- I've never even ordered
from them).  They advertise a "NAM PROGRAMMER FOR THE NEC-P300" for
$88.88.  They have a sketch of the device which looks like a box,
somewhat smaller than a standard RJ11 block connected to a short
pigtail with a connector on it which I assume would connect to your
P300.  (They seem to have other "NAM programmers" also.)

My guess is that it is probably similar to the "Programming Battery"
for the P-9100 and it simply shorts some contacts which then allows
you to program it from the keypad if you know the codes.

CDP lists phone numbers: (800) 654-3050 / (213) 312-0778.  They sell
cellular accessories (batteries, chargers, stands, phone holders,
antennas, etc.).  Their prices seem fairly good.  If anyone orders
from them, let us know how they are to deal with.

Craig R. Watkins	Internet:	CRW@ICF.HRB.COM
HRB Systems, Inc.    	Bitnet:		CRW%HRB@PSUECL.Bitnet
+1 814 238-4311		UUCP:		...!psuvax1!hrbicf!crw

[Moderator's Note: I bought a couple things from these people. I got a
'low-profile' 1/8 wave antenna for my Radio Shack CT-301. It is about
the size of my thumb, and works almost as well as the standard, but
much larger antenna. I also bought a 'battery eliminator' for the same
cell phone. It is a dummy battery which fits on the unit in place of
the regular one, and has a cigarette lighter plug on the other end. I
can use it in the car without the more cumbersome 'mobile charging
stand' supplied by Radio Shack. I put my order in one day; it came UPS
Red a couple days later, charged to my VISA card.   PAT]