[comp.dcom.telecom] LD Credit Card Not Tied to Home Phone

reb@uunet.uu.net (Phydeaux) (02/07/91)

In article <16640@accuvax.nwu.edu> rees@citi.umich.edu (Jim Rees)
writes:

>able to give me one.  AT&T won't open accounts at all for people who
>don't have a local phone (is this because of billing?) and the other
>two will issue a card, but it can't be used with 10xxx.
>[Moderator's Note: Someone at AT&T gave you bad information. They've
>had a miscellanous billing account calling card for many years. They

I've had one for a while.  At the time I had no phone billed to me.  I
had no problem at all getting it.  I also have a similar card with MCI
(Billed to my Amex card). I've never had a problem with either of them
and 10xxx.  You just have to use 10xxx+0+[10D] ...

>want a miscellaneous billing type number. They are billed out of
>Orlando, FL I believe; same as cellular phone billings, with separate
>bills sent each month not attached to any regular phone bill.   PAT]

Hmm ... my AT&T card is billed out of Cincinatti, OH.

reb

*-=#= Phydeaux =#=-*      reb@ingres.com     reb%ingres.com@lll-winken.llnl.GOV
ICBM:  41.55N 87.40W      h:558 W.Wellington #3R Chicago, IL 60657 312-549-8365

[Moderator's Note: The reason yours is billed out of Cincinatti is
because for many years, Cincinatti Bell handled all miscellaneous
billing accounts for AT&T and the other Bell Companies. I think a lot
of those accounts are still with Cincinatti Bell and newer ones are
being handled by AT&T.  PAT]