Date: Sun, 10 Feb 91 06:37:54 GMT
From: Cliff Stoll <stoll@ux5.lbl.gov>
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Re: Allied Radio / Radio Shack

Oh!  Lafayette, Allied, and Olson's!

Sweet memories of pawing through inch thick catalogs of capacitors,
diodes, and switches.  The Sears & Roebuck catalog for technofolks.

Now -- check out the Chicago surplus outfit ... uh, what's its name
 ... the one with the wonderful ad copy and cheap paper...

Cliff Stoll

[Moderator's Note: How odd ... I don't know which company you mean.
Answers, anyone?   PAT]