[comp.dcom.telecom] SONET Protocol Information Needed

gls@gatech.edu (Gary Schaps) (02/10/91)

I am preparing to do a descriptive/programming project on SONET for a
graduate course in network modeling and analysis.  Would anyone like to
help me locate the protocol (standard) and any other literature which
might prove useful?  Thank you.

Gary L. Schaps
gls@novavax.nova.edu

vances@xenitec.on.ca (Vance Shipley) (02/15/91)

In article <74391@bu.edu.bu.edu> uflorida!novavax!gls@gatech.edu (Gary
Schaps) writes:

> I am preparing to do a descriptive/programming project on SONET for a
> graduate course in network modeling and analysis.  Would anyone like to
> help me locate the protocol (standard) and any other literature which
> might prove useful?  Thank you.

For a very  descriptive article on SONET  and  the new  S/DMS  Central
Office equipment (Northern Telecom's SONET DMS) get a copy of the last
(i believe) edition of  {Telesis}.  {Telesis} is  a publication by BNR
(Bell Northern Research) available  to people working in telecom  free
of charge!  I have a subscription at work so if you need  help finding
it mail me there.

Vance Shipley   SwitchView   vances@ltg.on.ca.UUCP
 !uunet!watmath!xenitec!ltg!vances