[comp.dcom.telecom] ANSI X3.64 Document Needed

cristy@uunet.uu.net (John Cristy) (02/13/91)

I need a copy of the ANSI X3.64 document.  Apparently that is the
specification for ANSI terminal emulation.  Please Email your answer.
And thanks in advance.

cristy@dupont.com

tnixon@uunet.uu.net (Toby Nixon) (02/16/91)

In article <74668@bu.edu.bu.edu>, eplrx7!cristy@uunet.uu.net (John
Cristy) writes:

> I need a copy of the ANSI X3.64 document.  Apparently that is the
> specification for ANSI terminal emulation.  Please Email your answer.
> And thanks in advance.

ANSI standards can be ordered from:

	Sales Department
	American National Standards Institute
	1430 Broadway
	New York  NY  10018
	Voice: 212-642-4900
	Fax:   212-302-1286

According to the most recent catalog I have, X3.64 costs $19.

Toby Nixon, Principal Engineer    | Voice   +1-404-449-8791  Telex 151243420
Hayes Microcomputer Products Inc. | Fax     +1-404-447-0178  CIS   70271,404
P.O. Box 105203                   | UUCP uunet!hayes!tnixon  AT&T    !tnixon
Atlanta, Georgia  30348  USA      | Internet       hayes!tnixon@uunet.uu.net

shuford@cs.utk.edu (Richard Shuford) (02/22/91)

In TELECOM Digest, Volume 11, Issue 114, Message 5 of 10,  eplrx7!
dupont.com!cristy@uunet.uu.net (John Cristy) writes:

> I need a copy of the ANSI X3.64 document.  Apparently that is the
> specification for ANSI terminal emulation.  Please Email your answer.
> And thanks in advance.

Until the next Great Disk Space Crunch, a file containing a summary of
the control codes of the ANSI standard "X3.64 -- Additional Controls for
Use with the American National Standard for Information Interchange"
is available for anonymous FTP from the host CS.UTK.EDU  (128.169.201.1).

The file is:

    pub/shuford/ansi_x3_64.txt

There is a companion ASCII table:

    pub/shuford/ascii_table.txt

If you really want to understand all the codes, you'll still need to
read the full standard, but perhaps this will help you get started.

Richard S. Shuford   shuford@cs.utk.edu    BIX: richard