[comp.dcom.telecom] Information Wanted on Spectrum Chart

scott@huntsai.boeing.com (02/26/91)

Where would I look for a current chart/table/etc of EM spectrum
allocations?

Thank you,

Scott Hinckley    Internet:scott@huntsai.boeing.com
UUCP:.!uunet!uw-beaver!bcsaic!huntsai!scot

DISCLAIMER: All contained herein are my opinions, they do not
represent the opinions or feelings of Boeing or its management.

guy@odi.com (Guy Hillyer) (02/27/91)

scott@huntsai.boeing.com writes:

> Where would I look for a current chart/table/etc of EM spectrum
> allocations?

I happened to see this in the Edmund Scientific catalogue just
yesterday:

    ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM CHART

    Developed by Westinghouse and San Francisco's Exploratorium, chart
    is a series of circular bands moving outward from center which
    describe the electromagnetic waves.  Range 10**10 cm to sub
    atomic 10**-14 cm in wavelength scale.  Frequency scales, general
    and specific names, radio and microwave usage, black body
    curves, emission spectra and atmospheric absorption bands.
    24" x 33", prined on poster stock in full color.  $10.95,
    catalogue number K36,861.

This is a two-year-old catalogue, but I'll bet they still have it.
I've seen this poster and it's a beauty.

Edmund Scientific Co.   101 E Gloucester Pike
Barrington NJ 08007-1380    +1 609 547 8880

Guy Hillyer   guy@odi.com

meier@uunet.uu.net (Rolf Meier) (03/03/91)

In article <telecom11.161.4@eecs.nwu.edu> scott@huntsai.boeing.com
writes:

> Where would I look for a current chart/table/etc of EM spectrum
> allocations?

For the Canadian allocations, call 613-990-4842 and ask for "Radio
Spectrum Allocations in Canada".  This is a multi-colour 2'x3' chart
covering 3 kHz to 300 GHz.  The catalog number from the Ministry of
Supply and Services is Co22-33/1989. Also known as ISBN 0-662-56923-7.

Hopefully, someone can give the source of the U.S. allocations.  There
will be a lot of common allocation, though.

Rolf Meier	Mitel Corporation

elliott@uunet.uu.net (Paul Elliott x225) (03/03/91)

In article <telecom11.167.5@eecs.nwu.edu>, guy@odi.com (Guy Hillyer)
writes:

> scott@huntsai.boeing.com writes:

> > Where would I look for a current chart/table/etc of EM spectrum
> > allocations?

Here's another one:

"USA Frequency Allocations 10kHz to 4GHz"

This is a nice multi-color chart, about 15" x 37" from Motorola It
shows the allocations for these catagories:

Part 15
Standard Frequencies
Distress, Calling, Search & Rescue
Amateur Radio
Broadcasting
Fixed and Mobile Services
Military
Aeronautical Communication and Navigation
Maritime Communication and Navigation
Scientific & Space

Best yet, they have an (800) number on the chart!  Call Motorola
Semiconductor at 1-800-521-6274.  If you sound like you might someday
buy some components, they might send you one (I'm not sure though, I
got mine at a trade show).  *Don't* tell Motorola I sent you!

      Paul M. Elliott      Optilink Corporation     (707) 795-9444
            {uunet, pyramid, pixar, tekbspa}!optilink!elliott

William.Degnan@f39.n382.z1.fidonet.org (William Degnan) (03/04/91)

U>scott@huntsai.boeing.com writes:

> Where would I look for a current chart/table/etc of EM spectrum
> allocations?

{Communications Technology} ran a pretty one (30khz to 30 gigs) as a
pull-out poster in the March 1991 issue. You may reach them at 303
355-2101 (voice) or 303 355-2144 (FAX).

A footnote indicates that it was adapted for CATV from the NTIA/US
Dept. of Commerce "US Frequency Allocations" chart. Which sounds like
_another_ good lead.

Disclaimer: Contents do not constitute "advice" unless we are on the clock.
William Degnan                   | wdegnan@mcimail.com
Communications Network Solutions | !wdegnan@at&tmail.com
 -Independent Consultants        | William.Degnan@telemail.com
   in Telecommunications         | UUCP: ...!natinst!tqc!39!William.Degnan
P.O. Drawer 9530                 | ARPA: William.Degnan@f39.n382.z1.FidoNet.Org
Austin, TX 78766-9530            | Voice +1 512 323 9383