[comp.dcom.telecom] Sprint Complaint Followup

john@zygot.ati.com (John Higdon) (03/05/91)

It is only fair to point out that a person from US Sprint contacted me
regarding the bogus charges and subsequent dunning I was subjected to.
He did so after seeing my postings (gosh -- the Power of the Press)
about the matter last week.

He gave me an explanation of how it happened and he resolved the
matter more than equitably. I have to say that when when pressed hard
enough, Sprint has come through with solutions. Well, I have been with
it since it was Southern Pacific Communications. The company must be
doing something right.

    john@zygot.ati.com      | San Jose, CA 95150 |       M o o !

FVEST@ducvax.auburn.edu (Floyd Vest) (03/08/91)

[5 Mar 91 05:54:00 GMT] john@zygot.ati.com (John Higdon) wrote:

> It is only fair to point out that a person from US Sprint contacted me
> He gave me an explanation of how it happened and he resolved the
> matter more than equitably. I have to say that when when pressed hard
> enough, Sprint has come through with solutions. Well, I have been with

I'm glad that Sprint came through for John.  The question is how hard
should one have to press to get the service.  In my case it took nine
months, four letters and ten phone calls to get extricated from Sprint
"service".  I signed up for Sprint Plus 10/89.  The offer promised
reduced rates plus a $25 credit for selecting the plan.  It took
numerous complaints to get the $25 credit (finally credited 5/90 --
seven months later).  Most of the problems arose from trying to
convince Sprint that I had two lines with different numbers that I
wanted combined on a single bill.  Sprint managed to get the accounts
combined but while the "inactive" account was still getting charges,
it would not accept credits.  I then had to accounts -- one closed
account with past due charges and the other "active" account with a
credit balance exactly the same as the past due amount on the closed
account.  I spoke with nine different Sprint service reps and
supervisors.  All were polite; all promised action; all (except the
last) were unable to resolve the problem.

If someone _Important_ from Sprint is on the net ... the one who
finally made sure that the problem was fixed was a Dallas supervisor
named Denise McNeil.  She deserves high praise.  The others seemed to
have difficultly manoevering Sprint's billing system.

I now have service from MCI.  I have had one billing problem which was
resolved on the *first* call.  And, yes, I am saving Big Bucks :-).

Floyd Vest <fvest@ducvax.auburn.edu> <fvest@auducvax.bitnet>
Manager, Administrative Systems--Auburn University, Alabama USA
Voice: +1 205 844 4512  BBS: +1 205 745 3989  FIDO: 1:3613/3

alans@hp-ptp.hp.com (Alan Sanderson) (03/12/91)

FVEST@ducvax.auburn.edu (Floyd Vest) writes:

(stuff deleted)

> I now have service from MCI.  I have had one billing problem which was
> resolved on the *first* call.  And, yes, I am saving Big Bucks :-).

I had service from MCI, through their FG-B (950-) access.  Some hacker
in Monterey put some charges on the account, so they canceled the PIN
and their fraud lawyer sent a letter asking me to identify any
fraudulent calls.  I did so, and was credited $24.00 for $27.00 in
calls.  They would not reinstate the PIN, but offered to reinstate the
service if I picked them as the primary LD carrier.  The primary
carrier plan did not provide for the volume discounts I had under the
previous plan, so the savings were insignificant.  I kept AT&T, and
MCI billed me for the $3.00 for over two years before they gave up.

After many calls and several written requests, they never did figure
out how to adjust the bill.

Alan Sanderson      Hewlett-Packard AMSO    alans@hp-ptp.HP.COM
US Snail:           1266 Kifer Rd. MS101S      MaBell: 408-746-5714
                     Sunnyvale, CA 94086        FAX:    408-746-5890
Disclaimer:  <Standard Disclaimer Applies>